Well, this past week has been rough for my sweet lil' Puddles. First of all, she started yelping everytime we would pick her up or if she sat on her hip a certain way. I took her to Dr. Lane's on Tuesday morning and dropped her off for an exam. I called at lunch to check on her and they told me that she had a calcified disc on her vertebrae that was irritated and probably causing her the pain. The doctor gave her an anti-inflammatory and told me that she should not be jumping or climbing strictly for two weeks but preferably not for the rest of her life! Do they understand how hard it is to keep a protective dachshund from jumping?!?! So anyways, she has been trying to recover from a hurt back while something called "kennel cough" hit her Friday night which to me sounds like a "sinus infection". (haha) She coughed from the evening into the wee hours of the morning until Mom and I finally took her to the Vet ER. That is where we learned about the kennel cough and Puddles was prescribed an anti-biotic and some cough tabs. I know it sounds crazy but nothing is too good for my baby. She is like family and I want to take care of her the best I can. Don't judge!
Monday, April 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
You might want to lay her down with some robotussin or nyquil for the cough and that would put her to sleep as well. that would prevent jumping. try to kill two birds with one stone. Ha.... i love puddles and you :)
Post a Comment