Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Showers of Blessings

I recently had my first wedding shower on my side of the family. My aunt Lisa had it at her house on the river and we had it on the dock. It turned out to be a nice day. It didn't start raining until it was over so that was good. We received lots of good stuff especially kitchen goodies. Here is everything I can remember...cookware, frying pan, utensil set, measuring cups, sheets, mattress pad, gift cards, two clocks, crock pot, flatware, blankets, cake platter, glasses and I am probably leaving some stuff out but that is what I can remember.

A house update:
My dad has graciously taken the rest of this week off to finish my kitchen floors at the house. He is restaining them a darker color. He has also done all of the majority of the work in the house that would have otherwise had to have been hired out. He is too talented and it gets him a lot of extra work :) Brandon has pressure washed the entire house and back deck. It looks so good :) Now we are working on staining the deck. Hopefully we will be able to finish it by this weekend.

Honeymoon update:
We finally booked a honeymoon. We decided to stay in Destin for the week after the wedding. It will be easier for us and we are excited about it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are missing out on the Chalet opportunity... maybe for your 5th. Loved your shower. You looked so pretty!

Chad N Julie said...

thecshells.blogspot.com is our new blog. I had to reconstruct everything to change my gmail account. there isn't anything on it yet. will be soon!